The Life of Bryan

My opinions on life, work, travel, gadgets and other things that interest me

This is my kyte channel for mobile updates on the N95

This is my Ustream channel for when I have the webcam on

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

google's search on names

I have been watching with interest how much data google holds on you and how valuable that information is, we have done some recent studies on disks at work see the articles

here


and here

one thing that was surprising is how easy it is to unfold someones life from their google search history, you can build an entire picture of who they are and what they do, and it is easy to identify someone, as people always, always search for their own name, and quite a lot of times !

so be warned, all this searching is leaving quite a digital footprint, so be careful what you search for !

1 Comments:

Blogger Her indoors said...

I'm impressed yet again. I now understand my reluctance to get rid of my old laptop, circa 1999...who knows what's on there...nothing incriminating though honest, but I bet there's easy access to my old Midland Bank account.

BTW - I used to live a few miles away from the University of Glamorgan...not that it's of any relevance of course ;-D

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home